Friday, November 4, 2011

Love Waves

Salam hi hello gentle readers. It is November 4th already! How fast time flies. T_T
By mid of December, my bestmate in my lab should have finished his thesis writing+evaluating+submitting. And I would be in charge next. I want to freak out now but should I? Hurm I think I should. First of all, I am pretty much left behind with my thesis topic. Yeap it is pretty new, and it is not my Professor's main concern. Generally, yes, but to be precise on that, no. I would be researching a lil bit outside our lab field of research all these whiles, which is something called "Love Wave". Our laboratories research area (and Professors main concern) basically revolving around the usage of Rayleigh Wave. Hey, step aside Rayleigh! I am not going to concentrate on you like my former seniors.(yieks!)




Upper figure differentiate surface waves and body waves (i took this figure from a webpage). Lower figure shows typical types of surface waves which are the main concern of our lab. Rayleigh wave is greatly used in our research area but Love wave? still in progress-Nadia's job. Whoohooo!



Oh okay2.. Secondly, Professor said I am going to continue this whole thing about beamforming that my bestmate now working on. His research may not achieved the objective set by our lab YET.. But for sure it may take several years more, considering this topic is also a new develop thing throughout the WORLD okay. And our lab is currently leading in research of this method??(is it true, Professor?) -->His words..

Thirdly, I am greatly depend on my bestmate before, for he is the man for everything ESPECIALLy when it comes to dealing with lab equipments for the field tests. And how oh how am I going to do it on my own now? Lucky me, I have another two men assisting. Does that means I can exhale a breath of relief? Well I don't know, just yet.


Anyway I am greatly obsessed in finding materials relating love waves and its application in material evaluation especially in materials with different stiffness (such as soil&pavement, etc). So if anyone out there knows any, or can be much help I would be very thankful. May Love Wave make my heart grow fonder. AhhhA! ;)



footnote: dont take it by mistake, love wave is not any kind closely related to love between two people.thank you.


No comments: