Friday, April 3, 2009

Give-Me-A-Shape!

Salam and hi again!

Apart from thinking the worst case scenario of my exams and industrial training, I tried to read of something to freshen my tired brain. Having flashlights on some new, hottest trends in fashion magazines sometimes inspire me and generates my shopping buds, and leads to my happy hour day dreaming.. Hehe..

But then suddenly my eyes caught on this article that actually spoiled my happy hour time. =( Anyway I don't mind sharing this article for even it is not great for me to think of it, but to be honest i find it very informative. Let's have a look :



7 NOT-SO-OBVIOUS HEALTH SINS

(They said that these are the unhealthy habits that we need to stop doing now)

  • You eat fast food once a week
Eating a fatty meal almost immediately affects the functional of blood vessels, making it harder for them to dilate for up to 4 hours after you've eaten. If you would still like to take your weekly dose of fast food, have it in small portions instead. Opt for Happy Meal which includes smaller fries and drink, but have salad on the side to balance your nutrients intake. The next time you decide to drive-thru the McD, think again!

OMG! The thought of saying about having McD every week is so like me! And sorry Happy Meal, I never ordered anything other than Big Mac and Double Cheese Burger.. too bad for me , huh.. No wonder.....=(



  • You only sleep five hours a day
5 hours snoozing is not enough, even if you feel refreshed in the next morning. Apart from the risk of getting heart disease, diabetes nad hypertension, did you know that lack of sleep can cause weight gain? A sudy showed that men have greater appetites when deprived of sleep. Another study, which looked at the sleep patterns of more than 1000 indidviduals, found that the less people slept. the higher the body mass index is. Since individuals who sleep less than 8 hours a night on average are heavier than those who do, it's probably a good idea to cut down on late night partying and get all the beauty sleep you can!

Again, MY GOD! This rings a bell. A loud bell. I only sleep five hours. Sometimes even less. Well, look at the time now, it shows 4:17 a.m. And here i am, tip tapping on my keyboard.. High BMI? Ouch..Ouch..Ouch..


  • You brush twice a day, but hardly floss
The reality is that the majority of us dont know how to take proper care to our teeth. Flossing removes bacteria that escapes the toothbrush by hiding in the tiny spaces between the teeth. Brushing without flossing is like washing only 65% of your body, the other 35% is remains dirty! The American Dental Association recommends you to floss at least once a day.

Hello, is anybody from the magazine come and took a peek of my real life? Did they put on a spy on me? How did they know then! aaaa.. The only floss I ever use was my dad's at home. Uh, Dad, would u let me take yours, or you prefer to buy me a new one? Uh huh.



  • You eat only two to three servings of fruits and vegetables a day
If you take in abaout 3 servings per day, it might just save your life. Study shows that 3 daily servings of produce may be enough to lower the risk of premature death from heart disease and stroke. It also may prevent cells from turning cancerous.

I only take 1 serving of the greens daily. Enough said. =(


  • You smoke one or two sticks of ciggarettes a month
-I am lazy to type the explaination-

Well, ones may think that smoking only 1 or 2 sticks will not cause harm, but the fact is, they did. Only at this point i didnt feel any regret or any heartbreak, cuz i didnt smoke at all. I believe smoking will leads to bad breath, bad looks(for girls), bad health, and bad lifetime.


  • You drink a lot of soda
Whether i's regular or diet, soda can increase the risk of osteoporosis. If you really want to drink soda, dont forget to drink a cup of milk before going to bed. It's the calcium in the milk that will balance the phosphorus in the soda, which leads to bone loss.

At reading this fact, I thank dad a lot for forbid me to drink any canned drinks back when I was small. And i grew up not having any favour of canned drinks, especially the coke. =)


  • You must have your daily dose of coffee
Believe it or not, your daily coffee intake will actually improves your health. Unless if you get insomia or jitters from coffee, research shows that having a cup or two helps protect you against liver and colon cancer. Apart from that, coffee also reduce the the risk of parkinson disease, Alzheimer's, Type 2 diabetesand even premature death from heart disease. This, however doesnt mena you should add on to your usual intake. To make it healthier, stick to a plain coffee or a skim latte that has lower calories. If you're pregnant or trying to conceive, experts advice that you limit your coffee intake to one cup a day or go decaf.

I'm not really into drinking coffee. Just having the coffee moment around exams weeks, when I need the caffein to stay awake. I have this kind of sleeping disorder problems, (obviously I inherit it from my mom!). So, leave alone drinking coffee, even eating the cold medicine which state "Ubat ini boleh menyebabkan mengantuk" , I didnt feel sleepy at all. So coffee will really keep me awake which, I usually dont like.


**Facts are taken from Female magazine, April 2009


I-AM-JEALOUS with anybody with perfect bodyline! My own waistline? Buweekkk!

I want to pull off some weight. I want to be on diet. I want to wear my favourite adorable dress and ruffles shirt and cute top, together with skinny and perfect cutting jeans and hide my very bad looking tummy(Oooouchhh!). Why my tummy is getting thicker and thicker as the times goes by? Why? Why?

My eating behaviour. It is getting worst..





p/s : isnt they cute? * giggle*

4 comments:

mumu maira said...

rajennye awk menaip dr buku!!! huhu..
bgs2... leh jd jurnalis.. ade kne mengenekah? hehe...

NORFARAH NADIA said...

haha..
takde kena mengena kot..
tak-leh-tido-symptom

Heee...

ADIK said...

they are cute.. so are you, sis!
but everyone wants their body perfectly in good shape.. (seriously everyone must be thought of this at least once) even though i believe that no one knows what is perfect shape looks like.
so what adik could say here, stay healthy and try to archieve the shape slowly..

Good Luck!

NORFARAH NADIA said...

GG is cute! I like..
and adik, very2 high appreciation by saying i'm cute, huh

Aww..

I wont cry too loud if my mom wasnt complaining like "why are u so gemok!"

and she also goes like"u are so burok when u gemok.Upper parts, lower parts, all gemok already!"

And I went crazy when she said"u look just like a married lady!"

And there's also statement like"ha tula, dulu ejek2 aku gemok, sekarang kau lagi gemok..padan muka.."

Gosh..

Anyway thanks for the best wish ya adik..