Tuesday, July 5, 2011

breaking the habit

Memories consume  like opening the wound
I'm picking me apart again

You all assume
i m searching in my room
unless i try to start again

i dont want to be the one the battles always choose
cuz inside i realize that i am the one confused

i dont know what's worth fighting for or why i have to scream
i dont know why I instigate
and say what I dont mean

I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit tonight

Clutching my cure , I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more than anytime before
I had no options left again

I don't want to be the one the battles always choose
Cuz inside I realize that I am the one confused

I dont know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate and say what I don't mean

I don't know how I got this way
I'll never be alright
So I'm breaking the habit, tonight

I'll paint it on the wall
Cuz I'm the one at fault
I'll never fight again
And this is how it ends

I dont know what's worth fighting for or why I have to scream
But now I have some clarity to show you what I mean

I dont know how I got this way
I'll never be alright
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit tonight.


No comments: